In Case You Missed It: Weekly Roundup
Missed a dose of Fodor's this week? We've got you covered with a roundup of the week's highlights. If you ask us, this weekend seems like the perfect time to catch up.
Expatriate Tales: Living in Istanbul
It is one thing to visit a foreign place and an entirely other thing to live in a country that's not your own. (At the very least, you get to call yourself an expat, which sounds very chic.) Here, one such expat expands on what it's like to live in Istanbul. Read more.
Where to See Wild Animals in Vegas
And no, by "wild animals" we do not mean people watching on the Strip. Las Vegas' resorts are home to an array of exotic animals from sharks and dolphins to leopards and white lions. Read more.
Fodor's Travel Tastemakers: The Cool Hunters Behind Project No. 8
Some people just know where to find the coolest stuff. And the husband-and-wife team behind Project No. 8 are experts when it comes to hunting what's new and interesting from around the world. They stock their brick-and-mortar shops with their greatest finds from Japan to Greece and back again. Read more.
When have you lost sight of the shore? It can be anything from facing fears (zip-lining when you're afraid of heights) to immersing yourself in another culture by eating some wild, exotic thing. Read more.
Where to Drink in New Orleans Now
Whether you're Big Easy-bound for the Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, or just a weekend of great food and drink, there's no lack of fabulous places to imbibe. We did our homework and came up with the top 5 to hit now. Read more.
Insider's Guide to Cartagena
Few Caribbean cities can match the history, vivaciousness, and cultural and culinary offerings of Cartagena. Discover this beachy city's highlights from hilltop castles to the day's freshest catch. Read more.
Cake Boss Climbs Aboard Norwegian Breakaway
Buddy Valastro, fourth generation baker and TLC's Cake Boss, is bringing his signature sweets aboard the Norwegian Breakaway with the launch of Carlo's Bake Shop. Read more.
Photo credits: Istanbul in the evening via Shutterstock; Flamingoes and Pelicans courtesy of Flamingo Las Vegas; Elizabeth and Brian portrait courtesy of Gerald Forster; Carousel Bar courtesy of Deirdre Synan; Castillo San Felipe de Barajas via Shutterstock; Buddy Valastro courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line; Stockholm via iStockPhoto
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com