Austen in England, Warhol in Vegas: Weekly Roundup
We’ve following Mayle to Marseille, Warhol to Vegas, and Jane Austen to the English countryside this week. Did you miss a beat? We've got you covered with our roundup of the week's top stories.
You want to be the one who knows the Next Big Trip, don't you? Stay on top of travel trends with our recommendations for top US destinations this year.
A lover of, and expert on, all things South of France (including, but not limited to quirky characters and great food and wine), Peter Mayle has brought us on countless adventures through Provence, Marseille, and beyond. We caught up with him to chat about his latest caper.
Mendoza's main draw is no secret. It starts with an M and ends with -albec. But there's more to this stunning Argentinian region (think hot springs, festivals, restaurants) and now's the time to go.
Jane Austen aficionados know that this week is the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice. To honor it, we've drawn up an Austen-inspired itinerary (i.e. another excuse to hit the English countryside).
The future is upon us and it's looking bright. From a luggage tracker and a fork that buzzes when you eat too fast to video snow goggles, these are the most enticing travel gadgets coming out in 2013.
Vegas is getting a new look, courtesy of an Andy Warhol exhibit at the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art, with 59 paintings, sculptures, and more. The King of Pop hits the Strip.
This is it. Your kids want to go to Disney and you want to give them those lifelong memories. But it's a big park and there's lots to know before you go. Don't fret, we've got an expert on the case.
Photo Credits: Albuquerque via Stacey_newman/iStockphoto; Marseille via Shutterstock; Mendoza wine grapes courtesy of Hernan F. Rodriguez; Derbyshire via Shutterstock; Travel Tech: 1. GlobaTrac, LLC; 2. Eton Corporation; 3. dexim Inc.; 4. Via www.techcrunch.com; 5. Harman International Industries, Inc.; 6. LIQUID IMAGE CO. ; 7. ARCHOS; 8. Zound Industries International AB; 9. www.hapilabs.com; 10. Twelve South LLC.; Andy Warhol, Campbell's Soup II: Tomato-Beef Noodle O's, 1969, Collection of The Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh © 2012 The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York; Andy Warhol (American, 1928-1987)
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1749 -- Balcony: Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in SummerRoyal Caribbean
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% OffThe Westin Copley Place
- $197 & up -- Boston: AAA 4-Diamond Waterfront Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $170 -- Negril 'World's Best' All-Inclusive Resorts, 55% OffCouples Resorts
- $3359 -- Galapagos: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air, Hotels & ToursFriendly Planet Travel
- $729* & up -- Europe Fall & Winter Sale Fares, R/Tairberlin