Trip Idea Categories:
Cuaustin, Fodors.com Member
Beach Vacation Guide
If your ideal vacation requires nothing more than a beach chair, a book, and some sunscreen, look no further. From the glamorous beaches of the Côte d'Azur to the remote islands of the Great Barrier Reef, Fodor's recommends the best resorts with choices to suit every budget.
- Hit Cancún, a water sports capital of the world, for some quiet relaxation on the Isla Muejeres beaches—or take in the nightlife in Zona Hotelera.
- Visit Palm Beach from May to October, when Florida's sea turtles nest all along the beach. If contemporary art and nightlife are more your thing, try Miami. Fort Myers and Naples deliver miles of perfectly tranquil coastline.
- From the Amalfi Coast, where the stabilimenti of Capri give way to the beaches at Positano, to Genoa and the Italian Riviera, Italy is full of places to relax in the sun while gazing out over the seas that Odysseus first made famous.
- Explore Phuket, Thailand, where there are numerous beaches on which to lounge in the sun. Rent a beach bungalow, or go snorkeling in one of the quiet bays.
- Pamper yourself on the Côte d'Azur, where you can holiday at the French Riviera beaches, or break the bank at Monte Carlo.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe