- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Established in 1929 in the dusty village of Abu Qir east of Montazah, Zephyrion has been synonymous with good seafood for three generations. The restaurant could seat 400 without effort—more in the summer when the veranda is open—so it never feels crowded, and the seafood is as fresh as it gets. The restaurant is at its most peaceful in the late afternoon sun. It has no address, but everyone in Abu Qir knows where it is, so just ask. Since it's 20 minutes from Montazah (and 40 minutes from Downtown), the big question is whether it's worth the trip. The answer: yes, if you see the trip itself as part of your adventure.
- Address: Abu Qir
- Phone: 03/562-1319
- Location: Eastern Shoreline
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
I've been studying forums for recommendations of tour groups for Egypt trip next April with grandson. Read more
· News & Features
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more