- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- views from the roof terrace, which is a good place to relax
- friendly staff
- street noise is a problem on lower floors
- restaurant not recommendable
Petit Coin Review
1 Petit Coin. The name ("Little Corner" in French) fits this cozy, simple hotel, just off Maydan Ahmed Orabi. There's nothing complicated about the Petit Coin—the spare rooms are clean, comfy, and air-conditioned, which makes it an inviting choice if you want a convenient place to stay right in the city. Rooms look out over the busy square and down to the water; for rooms on high floors, the noise is not an issue, but on lower floors you will hear traffic noise even with your windows closed. The best views are at the hotel's café, which is a fine place to watch the sun set over the rooftops. The hotel serves no alcohol, and it's a good idea to pass on the restaurant.
- Address: 5 Shar'a Ahmed Orabi, Manshiya, Alexandria
- Phone: 03/487-1503
- Location: Downtown and Raml Station
- 52 rooms.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Does anyone have any recent experience or knowledge for driving between Aswan and Luxor. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. ... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more