- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Grand Café Review
Adjacent to the Tikka Grill and under the same management, this outdoor restaurant is one of the coziest, most romantic places in Alexandria. Tables are scattered throughout a lush garden, amid palm fronds lit against the night sky and small wooden bridges leading to private corners. The menu offers the standard Egyptian dishes—kebabs, including shish taouk (chicken kebabs) and kofta (minced lamb on a skewer), and so forth—but it's the setting that should bring you here.
- Address: Corniche (near the Abu al-Abbas al-Mursi Mosque), Gomrouk, Alexandria, 21511
- Phone: 03/480-5114
- Location: El Anfushi
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Does anyone have any recent experience or knowledge for driving between Aswan and Luxor. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. ... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more