Aswan and Lake Nasser Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Abu Simbel. Study the powerful yet serene face of the pharaoh on the monumental statuary on the facade of the Temple of Ramses II.
Philae. Soak in the atmosphere at the island-bound temple dedicated to the goddess Isis, which still welcomed worshippers in the 5th century AD.
A Felucca Sail. Take to the Nile on a traditional sail around the Cataracts—the colossal mounds of granite that are scattered across the path of the river.
A Nile Cruise. Immerse yourself in Agatha Christie's novel Death on the Nile while relaxing on the upper deck of a luxury cruise boat.
Nubian Culture. Turn amateur anthropologist as you explore the long history of the Nubian people at the Nubia Museum or partake of their rich culture at a Nubian village.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe