- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
The Lotus Review
Whether you choose the apricot-color dining room, the outdoor terrace with its nighttime view of the lights of Aswan, or a table by the attractively lighted pool, the Lotus is nothing if not atmospheric. A pan-European menu includes a creamy veal Zurich, served with Swiss-style hash browns; grilled jumbo Red Sea shrimp in lemon butter; and lighter fare such as salad niçoise. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets are also served.
- Address: Basma Hotel, in front of the Nubia Museum, Aswan South, Aswan
- Phone: 097/231-0191
- Location: The West Bank
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
I've been studying forums for recommendations of tour groups for Egypt trip next April with grandson. Read more