- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
The Trattoria Review
The pasta and main dishes on the basic Italian menu are appetizing alternatives to Aswan's ubiquitous kebabs and tagines. Tagliatelle served with a fresh tomato sauce and a remote relative of Parmesan cheese is fresh and surprisingly light. Although it's homemade, the lasagna is not always spinach-based, as advertised; this Upper Egyptian version is a hot, hearty tagine of spiced ground meat, pasta, and cheese topped with béchamel sauce. Breaded veal cutlets served in tomato sauce and cheese are tasty and substantial.
- Address: Pyramisa Isis Corniche Hotel, Corniche al-Nil, Corniche, Aswan
- Phone: 097/231-5100
- Location: The West Bank
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
I've been studying forums for recommendations of tour groups for Egypt trip next April with grandson. Read more