Sights & Attractions in Cairo
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Fodor's Choice Sights in Cairo
Built in 1092, this is one of three remaining gates of Fatimid...
|Architectural Sites||Islamic Cairo South|
Housing the world's largest collection of Coptic Christian artwork...
|Museums / Galleries||Coptic Cairo (Mari Girgis)|
The Egyptian Antiquities Museum
On the north end of Maydan Tahrir, this huge neoclassical building...
|Museums / Galleries||Downtown and Bulaq|
Mosque of Ibn Tulun
This huge congregational mosque was built in 879 by Ahmad Ibn...
|Religious Sites, Architectural Sites||The Citadel and Sayyida Zaynab|
Three 4th-Dynasty pyramids dominate the skyline of the desert...
|Memorials / Monuments||Giza|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Beautiful Egypt! Flights to Cairo From 696 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save 40% off: Conrad Cairo in May Save with Expedia, $68/night less
- 3-Star President Fr $49+/Nt Hotels.com
- Save at 5-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Cairo Fr $1221 Expedia
- Cruise to Cairo: 11 Nts on Uniworld Boutique Cruises Fr $4,299 Expedia