The Nile Valley and Luxor Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The Valley of the Kings. Follow the storyline of the pharaoh's journey into the afterlife in the images from the Book of the Dead on the walls of a royal tomb.
The Temple of Karnak. Stroll among the columns in the "petrified forest" of the hypostyle hall, which was built as a garden for the gods.
Deir el-Bahri. Step back and absorb the panorama of the multitiered facade at the mortuary temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
A Trip on the Nile. Make the Nile your home for a few days, either on the deck of a traditional wind-powered felucca or in the more comfortable cabin of a luxury river cruiser.
The Temple of Edfu. Admire the architectural perfection of the temple dedicated to Horus; it's the finest surviving Ptolemaic-era building in Egypt.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Luxor Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $49+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Luxor Fr $49+/Nt Expedia
- Luxor Savings! Book at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Fr $144+/Nt — $144 Expedia
- Book in Luxor: Save this May Fr $44+/Nt — $44 Save with Expedia, $11/night less
- Book 5-Star Sonesta St. George Luxor Fr $81+/Nt — $81 Expedia