The Nile Valley and Luxor Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Nile Valley and Luxor Restaurant Reviews
Luxor is a busy tourist destination and has a wide range of restaurants; outside of Luxor, your choices are more limited, particularly in Al Minya. Alcohol is not served everywhere.
The variable city tax on restaurants, combined with service charges, can total as much as 26%. Check menus to verify how each restaurant operates. Unless you are in a major hotel, consider tipping even if a service charge is included in the bill: waiters are not well paid, and the courtesy will be appreciated. If service is not charged, 10% to 15% is a reasonable tip. As a rule, most hotel restaurants are open to the general public. Reservations are recommended at all hotel restaurants.
Browse Nile Valley and Luxor Restaurants
Browse Nile Valley and Luxor Restaurants By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Pavillon Winter Luxor 3 Nts in May Fr $45+/Nt Expedia
- $144 & Up: Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor 5-Star Hotel in Luxor Expedia
- Luxor Savings! Book at Sonesta St. George Luxor Fr $81+/Nt — $81 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Luxor this May Fr $49+/Nt — $49 Expedia