- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
El Tarboush Review
This restaurant in the gardens of the Winter Palace Hotel sits under the canopy of mature palm fronds, serving excellent Egyptian food in a lovely, quiet setting with views of the beautifully lit hotel. There's a full range of hot and cold mezze for starters; main courses include a decadent stuffed pigeon, shish tawouk (chicken kebab), or a tender mixed grill. There's a full bar service and wine list.
- Address: Sofitel Old Winter Palace, Corniche al-Nil, Corniche, Luxor
- Phone: 095/238-0422
- Location: Luxor
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Luxor Savings! Book at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Fr $144+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Luxor: Save this May Fr $44+/Nt Save with Expedia, $11/night less
- Luxor Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $49+/Nt — $49 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Book 5-Star Sonesta St. George Luxor Fr $81+/Nt — $81 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Luxor Fr $49+/Nt — $49 Expedia
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
My friends and I booked a Princess Mediterranean cruise in early May. Read more