- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Palm Trees Hotel
At a Glance
- a no-frills hotel offering good value for money for budget travelers
- the hotel's leafy palm garden is a good place to meet other travelers
- rooms in the main building are worn and often dirty
- tours booked through the hotel are hit-and-miss
Palm Trees Hotel Review
This three-story concrete building's best assets are its beautiful, lush palm garden, friendly atmosphere, and central location. Happily, it's just far enough away from the square to be removed from most of the noise. Rooms in the main building are spartan; some have fans and a few have private baths. Skip them and check into one of the six recently constructed bungalows, which have enclosed bathrooms and small terraces. This hotel has an Internet café.
- Address: Off the main square, on the road to Jebal al-Dakrour, Siwa
- Phone: 046/460-1703
- Location: Siwa
- 25 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Egypt Experience IExplore
- Egypt Family IExplore
- Egypt & Kenya Experience — $7,749 IExplore
- The Nile Revealed — $6,895 IExplore
- Egypt Family — $1,849 IExplore
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Does anyone have any recent experience or knowledge for driving between Aswan and Luxor. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more