- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Albabenshal Heritage Lodge
At a Glance
- traditional styling and architecture blend in with the surroundings
- prime location right in the heart of town
- no air-conditioning
- there's no outdoor space except the roof terrace and the small, high-sided courtyards, which can be a little stifling
Albabenshal Heritage Lodge Review
Nestled below the jagged ruins of Shali, this eco-lodge has been designed to blend with the architecture of the 13th-century fortress. Constructed of karshif and palm trunks, it merges traditional aesthetics with modern comfort and amenities. Guest rooms are spread out on three levels and linked by staircases and small shady courtyards. Enjoy a drink or a meal on the terrace in the evening while watching the activities of the shops and street hawkers below.
- Address: On the main square, Siwa
- Phone: 046/460-2299
- Location: Siwa
- 11 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Egypt Experience IExplore
- Egypt Family IExplore
- Egypt & Kenya Experience — $7,749 IExplore
- The Nile Revealed — $6,895 IExplore
- Egypt Family — $1,849 IExplore
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
I've been studying forums for recommendations of tour groups for Egypt trip next April with grandson. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more