Around Jerusalem and the Dead Sea Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Ein Gedi: This oasis rich in flora, fauna, and archaeology—praised in the Bible for its beauty and today one of Israel's most impressive national parks—offers spectacular hiking near waterfalls and canyons.
Masada: The spectacular remains of this mountaintop palace overlooking the Dead Sea recall its history as a retreat for Herod the Great and the site of the last stand of the Jewish rebels against Rome in AD 73.
Dead Sea: At the lowest point on Earth, float effortlessly on one of the world's saltiest bodies of water, renowned for its therapeutic qualities. In Ein Bokek, cover yourself with the mud, exported as a beauty treatment.
Bethlehem: The location of Jesus' manger is believed to be beneath the Byzantine-era Church of the Nativity.
Judean Hills wineries: Close to Jerusalem, this area is home to more than two-dozen wineries that produce some excellent and highly prized wines.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book in Tel Aviv: Save this May Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Tel Aviv Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Tel Aviv: Save this May Fr $356+/Nt — $356 Expedia
- Tel Aviv Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $195+/Nt — $195 Expedia