- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Safety and Precautions
As always, it's wise to check on the political situation before venturing into the Palestinian Authority. There are seldom problems in Jericho, however. Although there are no restrictions on tourists in private cars visiting the town, you will need to present your foreign passport to reenter Israeli-controlled territory. Your car rental insurance won't cover visits to this area, so you might prefer to hire a driver or visit with a tour group.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2599 -- Israel: 8 Nts. w/Hotels, Tours & Airfare, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel