- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In the village just west of Bethlehem, this is the proverbial hole in the wall where the cognoscenti come to enjoy scrumptious grilled chicken. There's no menu; the restaurant only serves chicken grilled on charcoal on the outdoor grill. The set menu includes five side dishes, among them an excellent house-made hummus. Make sure to sample the hot chili sauce and the restaurant's signature condiment, garlic and olive oil whipped into a mayonnaise-like dip for your chicken. End your meal with refreshing mint tea. Taxi drivers can take you here from Manger Square.
- Address: Derech Beit Jala, near Municipality Bldg., Beit Jala
- Phone: 02/274-1419
- Location: Bethlehem
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book the Dizengoff Sea Residence 3 Nts in May Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- May deal: Olympia Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Leonardo Boutique Tel Aviv Fr $155+/Nt — $155 Expedia
- Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center in May: $215 & Up — $215 Expedia
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the ... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more