Eilat and the Negev Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Coral Reserve, Eilat: Put on a snorkel, and marvel at the brilliant-colored fish and entrancing corals at one of the world's finest protected coral reefs.
Hiking the desert: Explore the splendid scenery, deep wadis, rugged heights, and steep cliff faces of the Negev. The mountains of Eilat and the desert craters offer spectacular hikes.
Makhtesh Ramon: This giant crater is an utterly unique geological phenomenon, with hundreds of rock formations and multihued cliffs.
Side trip to Petra: Just over the border in Jordan, Petra's awe-inspiring Treasury (the Khazneh), carved into a rose-red cliff, is one of many archeological treats at this UNESCO World Heritage site.
Timna Park: Trek across the lunarlike landscape, making sure to see this desert park's famous red-hued Solomon's Pillars and its 20-foot mushroom-shaped rock formation.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 3.5-Star Leonardo Plaza Eilat: $888 & Up in May Expedia
- May deal: Le Meridien Eilat Fr $312+/Nt Expedia
- Magic Palace on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $265+/Nt — $265 Expedia
- Eilat Savings! Book at Leonardo Club Eilat Fr $302+/Nt — $302 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Eilat Fr $412+/Nt — $412 Expedia