- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sde Boker College
Sde Boker College Review
Ben-Gurion envisioned a place of learning in the desert. Sde Boker College, which specializes in environmental studies, became part of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, whose main campus is in Beersheva. For the traveler, the college, just 2 miles south of Sde Boker proper, is primarily a place to eat and possibly spend the night. The commercial center in the middle of the campus has a restaurant, a supermarket open until 8 pm, a post office, and the field school (among the largest in Israel) of the Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel.
Although there isn't a great deal to see, the National Solar Energy Center, where a research program investigates new ideas for harnessing solar energy and alternative energy technologies, offers one-hour guided tours. 08/659-6934.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Leonardo Plaza Eilat in May: $888 & Up Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Eilat this May Fr $183+/Nt Expedia
- $312 & Up: Le Meridien Eilat 4-Star Hotel in Eilat — $312 Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Crowne Plaza Eilat Fr $230+/Nt — $230 Expedia
- Save in Eilat: Book 3 Nts in May at Magic Palace Fr $265+/Nt — $265 Expedia
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more