- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- ideal for mountain bikers looking to take advantage of the craters many trails
- ask staff about "cyclists' packages."
- no views to speak of
- other than the crater, which is a daytime activity, not much to do nearby at night
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Ramon Inn Review
There's nothing rugged about a stay at this charming desert hotel. The four-story building has no elevator, but the accommodations are entirely comfortable. Stay in a pastel-and-white studio apartment (for one or two) or a two- or three-room suite (for four to six guests); suites have well-equipped kitchenettes. The lobby has an open fireplace for chilly winter nights. The 20-yard-long heated indoor swimming pool would not be out of place at any luxury hotel. Helpful staff are happy to arrange for Jeep tours, horseback tours with instructors from the nearby Alpaca Farm, or moonlit tours when there is a full moon. Even if you're not staying here, the restaurant ($$) is worth a visit; hearty buffet meals are enlivened by condiments made by local cooks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 3.5-Star Leonardo Plaza Eilat: $888 & Up in May Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Crowne Plaza Eilat Fr $230+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Le Meridien Eilat Fr $312+/Nt — $312 Expedia
- Eilat Savings! Book at Leonardo Club Eilat Fr $302+/Nt — $302 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Eilat Fr $412+/Nt — $412 Expedia
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic ... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more