- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- elegant business lounge on the 15th floor
- chic Moscow-New York nightclub downstairs
- free shuttles every hour into town for sightseeing
- far from the action in Eilat
- mobbed with kids during summer vacation
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The southernmost hotel in Israel (it's five minutes from the Egyptian border), the Princess, which has recently completed a two-year renovation, is one of Eilat's most luxurious hotels. Owned by Frankfurt businessman Alexander Tessler, it has a light-filled reception area facing a two-story sheer rock cliff through a soaring glass wall; the public spaces are dazzlingly white with gold trim. The pool area—the largest in the city—is a country club in itself, where squiggle-shape pools connected by bridges afford views of charcoal gray mountains across the bay. Down at the serene snorkeling beach, reached by a short tunnel under the road, two jetties lead to the water, and suntanning beds beckon. The spa in this self-contained resort is ultramodern, and the two restaurants, under the direction of well-known Israeli chef Peter Hummel, offer superb fare.
- Address: Rte. 90 (Eilat-Taba Rd.), Box 2323, Eilat, 88000 | Map It
- Phone: 08/636-5555
- Website: www.eilatprincess.com
- Location: Eilat
- 338 rooms, 64 suites (including 7 "theme suites" and 8 "club suites," each with an outdoor Jacuzzi).
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Eilat: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $268+/Nt Expedia
- Club Eilat in May: $412 & Up Expedia
- May deal: Leonardo Royal Eilat Fr $208+/Nt — $208 Expedia
- The Orchid and Eilat on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $1,999+/Nt — $1,999 Expedia
- Book 4-Star Crowne Plaza Eilat in Eilat Fr $230+/Nt — $230 Expedia
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more
· News & Features
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more