- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Jerusalem
The Old City: For an astonishing montage of religions and cultures, the heart of Jerusalem—with the Holy Sepulcher, Arab bazaar, and Western Wall—has few equals anywhere in the world.
Mt. of Olives: This classic panorama puts the entire Old City, with the golden Dome of the Rock, squarely within your lens. The view is best with the morning sun behind you.
Machaneh Yehuda: You can munch a falafel as you watch shoppers swirl and eddy through West Jerusalem's outstanding produce market.
Israel Museum: The museum, fresh from an enormous renewal, is a winner, with its Dead Sea Scrolls, outdoor model, and a stunning collection of fine art, archaeology, and Judaica.
City of David: Here you can plunge underground to explore Jerusalem's most ancient remains, and wade the 2,700-year-old water tunnel that once saved the besieged city.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Dizengoff Sea Residence on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Tel Aviv this May Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: InterContinental David Tel Aviv Fr $356+/Nt — $356 Expedia
- Book in Tel Aviv: Save this May Fr $195+/Nt — $195 Expedia