- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Once used by the British Railroad Company, this hanger has been transformed into a spacious restaurant with dining areas and party rooms both inside and on the balcony. There's a lengthy bar with comfortable couches and chairs for those seeking more of a salon vibe. A hangout for foreign journalists, diplomatic corps, and in-the-know locals, Colony offers a familiar but tasty menu of steaks, pastas, and salads, including a highly recommended roasted eggplant and marinated chicken. The extensive drink menu is worth a gander, especially the sabra cactus cocktail. Be sure to order dessert, which usually includes a divine strawberry cassata and flavorful tahini ice cream.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2599 -- Israel: 8 Nts. w/Hotels, Tours & Airfare, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more