- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rubin Museum Review
Recognized as one of Israel's major painters, Reuven Rubin (1893-1974) bequeathed his house to Tel Aviv along with 45 of his works, which make up the permanent collection. The house, built in 1930, is now an art gallery, with changing exhibits by Israeli artists in addition to the great Rubin's work. Upstairs is a small but well-stocked art library where you can pore over press clippings and browse through art books. A moving audiovisual presentation tells the story of Rubin's life, with many fascinating segments in his own voice. His original studio can still be seen on the third floor.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2599 -- Israel: 8 Nts. w/Hotels, Tours & Airfare, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more