- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Baba Yaga Review
A pleasant lawn and wooden deck front this small restaurant at the slightly shabbier end of Hayarkon Street. Black tablecloths, high-backed chairs, old-fashioned light fixtures, and beige-and-white wallpaper give the place a touch of elegance to complement its high-end prices. Baba Yaga is a notorious witch in Russian folk tales, and there's a collection of witch dolls behind the bar. There are small but delicious seafood dishes, including a tasty cocktail of shrimp, calamari, mussels, octopus, and crab. Look for European classics and Russian favorites like borscht and Stroganoff (made with sweet cream rather than sour). There's a good selection of Israeli boutique wines, along with an interesting mix of foreign beers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Tel Aviv Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Tel Aviv Savings! Book at Leonardo Boutique Tel Aviv Fr $147+/Nt Save with Expedia, $48/night less
- Book in Tel Aviv: Save this May Fr $356+/Nt — $356 Expedia
- Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center in May: $186 & Up — $186 Expedia
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
I'm planning on summer 2014, for about 2 weeks. Read more