- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Beit Ha'ir Review
Catch up on Tel Aviv's remarkable history at this historical museum in the original 1924 municipal building, an architectural masterpiece that has been lovingly restored. Among the exhibits highlighting the progress of the last century is a brief film tracing the city's development from huts in the sand to gleaming apartment towers. There's also a pretty patchwork floor made up of colorful tiles typical of vintage Tel Aviv buildings and the restored office of the city's first mayor, Meir Dizengoff, with the original map of Tel Aviv hanging on a wall.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- May deal: Dizengoff Sea Residence Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Book the Olympia 3 Nts in May Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Tel Aviv Savings! Book at Leonardo Boutique Tel Aviv Fr $147+/Nt — $147 Save with Expedia, $48/night less
- Prima Tel-Aviv in May: $247 & Up — $247 Save with Expedia, $37/night less
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more