- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Independence Hall Museum
Independence Hall Museum Review
This impressive building was originally the home of the city's first mayor, Meir Dizengoff; he donated it to the city in 1930 to be used as Tel Aviv's first art museum. More significantly, the country's leaders assembled here on May 14, 1948, to announce to the world the establishment of the State of Israel. Today the museum's Hall of Declaration stands as it did on that dramatic day, with the original microphones on the long table where the dignitaries sat. Behind the table is a portrait of the Zionist leader Theodor Herzl.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book in Tel Aviv: Save this May Fr $186+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 5-Star Leonardo Boutique Tel Aviv: $147 & Up in May Save with Expedia, $48/night less
- Tel Aviv Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Leonardo Basel Fr $162+/Nt — $162 Expedia
- May deal: InterContinental David Tel Aviv Fr $356+/Nt — $356 Expedia
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more