- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
From the airport, the fastest and easiest way into the city is by taxi, and costs NIS 140. During rush hour, allow 45 minutes for a trip that would otherwise be 20 minutes. The train is a money saver for NIS 14 and takes about 25 minutes.
Driving in Tel Aviv is not for the fainthearted. Major highways lead in and out of Tel Aviv: Route 1 from Jerusalem, Route 4 from the northern coast, and Route 5 from the east. Take advantage of Tel Aviv's belt road, the Ayalon Freeway, to access various parts of the city.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Dizengoff Sea Residence on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Tel Aviv this May Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Tel Aviv Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Leonardo Basel Fr $162+/Nt — $162 Expedia
- Tel Aviv Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Grand Beach Fr $190+/Nt — $190 Save with Expedia, $19/night less