Amman Travel Guide
Amman, the capital of Jordan, is a sprawling modern city of about 1.5 million people, spread across seven hills. From the top of Amman's Citadel, the sand-colored vistas of houses, office buildings, government ministries, and schools spread out somewhat monotonously in all directions. Amman is an excellent base for seeing nearby sites like Jerash, and there are plenty of hotels and restaurants and some interesting sight to see but most people don't linger here.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Amman restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Amman
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Wild Zambia IExplore
- South Africa Experience — $4,149 IExplore
- Ancient Crossroads of Turkey & Armenia — $8,795 IExplore
- Syria — $1,859 IExplore
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes ... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe