Evason Ma'In Hot Springs Review
A literal oasis in this desert country, Jordan's Ma'in retreat is far away from pretty much everything except the soothing sounds of the hot-spring waterfall out back. A renowned international spa, sustainable eco practices (among other things they purify and bottle their own water), understated-but-top-notch service, and eye-calming dark wood furnishings make a stay at this luxury property pampering for soles and souls. The public hot springs are nearby but book a treatment at the on-site spa and you get access to the private hot pool fed by its own waterfall and with its own natural cave sauna. There are several on-site dining options, including the Brown Barn and the Springs restaurant; the Panorama restaurant, on the edge of a nearby cliff is the place for sunset dining: it's a 15-minute drive from the hotel and shuttle buses leave frequently.
There are top-notch resorts and spas all over the world, but what sets Ma'in apart is how uniquely the property blends into its natural surroundings of hot springs and waterfalls. The stunning oasis in the Jordanian desert are the focal point for visits to the area, but its public springs are no match for a swim in the hotel spa's perfectly landscaped pool, heated by its own hot-spring waterfall—especially when you know you have a spa treatment waiting for you. The intimate property gets high marks for pampering all your other senses as well, be it a cocktail at the cozy bar, sumptuous brunch on the expansive terrace, or dinner at Panorama restaurant. You can also feel good about the property's eco-friendly practices that include purifying and bottling their own water.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- The Ancient Silk Road IExplore
- East Africa Experience — $4,709 IExplore
- The Nile Revealed — $6,895 IExplore
- The Ancient Silk Road — $9,995 IExplore
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more