- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kenya Hotel Reviews
There are more than 2,000 licensed hotels, camps, and lodges in Kenya. There are modern hotels in Nairobi, but some older establishments offer comparable service and comfort plus colonial ambience. Price categories treat all-inclusive lodges differently from other lodgings. Lodging, meals, and activities are included at private lodges; find out in advance if park fees (US$40 to US$100 per day) are included. There are no elevators in lodging facilities outside hotels in big cities, but most everything is at ground level. Children aren't always welcome at lodges. Some camps, lodges, and coastal hotels are closed during rainy months; ask in advance.
Hotel prices usually include dinner and a full English breakfast. Many lodges and hotels offer special midweek or winter low-season rates. Campsites have few or no facilities and aren't really an option for a visitor with time restrictions or for first-timers. There are all kinds of luxurious beach accommodations available, but these resorts can get crowded during holiday season, so it's essential to book in advance.
Browse Kenya Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- East Africa Experience IExplore
- Kenya Family IExplore
- Egypt & Kenya Experience — $7,749 IExplore
- Grand Safari — $10,990 IExplore
- Kenya Active — $3,340 IExplore