Fez and the Middle Atlas Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Fez and the Middle Atlas
Go back in time: Fez el-Bali is the world's largest active medieval city and promises a sensorial vacation from modern life and technology.
Indulge your senses in the Meknès food souk: On the Place el-Hedime sample famous olives, aromatic spices, and dried fruit, available in a dizzying array of colors and flavors.
Explore an archaeological gem in Volubilis: A short trip from Meknès, these well-preserved Roman ruins are considered the most impressive in the country.
Ski the Moroccan Aspen: Drawing both royalty and the Moroccan elite, the highest peak of the Michlifen ski resort rises to 2,000 meters.
Take an overland adventure: Two of the most stunning sights in the Middle Atlas are the cascading waterfalls of Ouzoud and the Friouato caves near Taza. Imilchil's September marriage festival, the moussem, is a Berber ritual steeped in local tradition.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Fes Savings! Book at Menzeh Zalagh Fr $97+/Nt Expedia
- Book the Riad Dar Chrifa 3 Nts in May Fr $93+/Nt Expedia
- Palais Sheherazade on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $295+/Nt — $295 Save with Expedia, $67/night less
- Book in Fes: Save this May Fr $137+/Nt — $137 Save with Expedia, $15/night less
- May deal: Wassim Fr $116+/Nt — $116 Expedia