- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Start the Day Right
Early birds should make the most of morning life in Marrakesh by having breakfast at a café, where locals sit languorously with their newspapers and chat with friends. Although you can find good café au lait and croissants almost anywhere, a typical Moroccan breakfast is harder to find (outside the hotels that serve it). The meal consists of: doughnuts called sfinge; and various hot pancakes called bghrir and msaman, that are served with butter, honey, and argan oil or amalo (a mixture of ground almonds and argan oil).
La Boule de Neige, on Rue de Yougoslavie in Guéliz, serves most of the above, in addition to continental breakfasts. You can get piping-hot sfinge with a glass of mint tea at a minuscule, unnamed café on Rue Mauritania, a side street that leaves Avenue Mohammed V at the Derby shoe store.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Palmeraie Village Residence in May: $112 & Up Save with Expedia, $11/night less
- Marrakesh Garden on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $91+/Nt Expedia
- Book Atlas Medina & Spa in May: Save 40% off — $122 Save with Expedia, $73/night less
- Marrakech Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Crystal Fr $461+/Nt — $461 Expedia
- Book 3.5-Star Dar Zitouna Fr $82+/Nt — $82 Expedia