- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to VIsit Namibia
The world's oldest living desert. The Namib is everything you might imagine a "real" desert to be.
A memorable drive. The road from Swakopmund to Walvis Bay is one of the most beautiful and unusual routes in the world.
Water-hole wonders. Arm yourself with binoculars, drinks, a picnic, and patience. Open your car windows and wait for the game to come. You won't be disappointed.
Ride the Desert Express. During this two-day train journey between Windhoek and Swakopmund, you'll stop to walk in the desert, visit the world's biggest outdoor rock-art gallery, watch lions being fed, and view a spectacular desert sunset (or sunrise).
Etosha National Park. One of Africa's largest and most spectacular game parks, Etosha has cheap and cheerful self-catering accommodations, an excellent road network, and superb game-viewing.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town & Namibia IExplore
- Timeless Namibia by Private Plane IExplore
- Timeless Namibia by Private Plane — $7,995 IExplore