Birding and Wildlife in Cape Town
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Birding and Wildlife
Specialized birding walks can be organized through Brians-Birding, which offers birding walks that cost R2,200-2,600 for a full day. Prices are per group, usually with a max of about five people. 021/919-2192. www.brians-birding.co.za.
For a unique wildlife encounter, head out with Baboon Matters. For R275, you'll follow trained guides as they track resident troupes of baboons on the peninsula. The guides will also explain baboon behaviors and conservation concerns. 021/782-2015.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel