- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cape Milner Hotel
At a Glance
- great location minutes from city
- good dining options within walking distance
- near Table Mountain
- one-way roads make it tricky to access
- overlooks a road that's busy at peak times
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Cape Milner Hotel Review
Tamboerskloof is an ideal location from which to explore the city and farther afield. The look at this attractive hotel is clean and contemporary, with rooms decorated in earth tones. Public areas are high-energy, with hip music and TV with news or fashion channels on, but still chic. Each room has a tea/coffeemaker, and there's a gym for those who need to work off some of their holiday excesses. The hotel shuttle service to the Waterfront and nearby beaches is a real plus. The terrace has wonderful views of Table Mountain. It's largely supported by film and commercials crews, which may annoy some when folks lugging lighting rigs pass the bar, but others will enjoy the healthy, mostly shirts-off crew.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. ... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more