- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cape Victoria Guest House
At a Glance
- Lily is reason alone to stay here to benefit from her clued-in knowledge of the latest and greatest, combined with her loving grandmotherly attitude
- good daytime eating options within walking distance
- noise from guests in the other rooms can be heard as rooms aren't soundproofed
- wooden floors and staircase in the hotel and rooms creak
- tricky one-way roads make it difficult to access by car
Cape Victoria Guest House Review
Only a five-minute drive and a brisk 20-minute walk from the waterfront, this charming guesthouse is a luxurious refuge from the bustle of the city. Each room is individually decorated, and there are quirky touches throughout—from an enormous Victorian bath to an African-inspired room for those wishing they were on safari. The owner, Lily Kaplan, is a gem who knows Cape Town inside out, so she can give you all the hot tips when you arrive. The breakfasts are legendary; you will be fortified for the rest of the day, especially if you have a strong cup of coffee together with a slice of the freshly baked almond tart or Lily's special banana bread packed with fruit and nuts. The plunge pool on the terrace overlooking the city rooftops is a great place to unwind with a glass of wine at the end of a busy day.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more