- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- mountain views from all rooms
- within walking distance of Kirstenbosch gardens
- airport shuttle available
- no dining options on foot so a car is recommended
- no gym
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Bishop's Court Review
Nestled in the exclusive suburb of Bishopscourt, where the bishop of the Anglican Church still has his residence, this boutique hotel with unrivaled views over Kirstenbosch and Table Mountain is a good combination of class and homey comfort. Thanks to a friendly and attentive staff, you may end up feeling as though you're staying with wealthy cousins. After browsing through the private library, you can retreat to your gorgeous room. The decor is classical, and fine touches include fluffy robes, luxurious toiletries, and wonderful baths. Groups can even rent the entire establishment. Breakfast is served, but lunch and dinner are only available on request.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more