- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The elegant flagship restaurant at the luxurious Table Bay Hotel holds a prime position at the city's waterfront. On balmy evenings diners seated on the terrace have stunning views of working docks against a mountain backdrop. A tower starter of citrus-marinated salmon with blood orange and ruby grapefruit is as exquisite to look at as it is to eat, while duck breast is set on red-onion marmalade with butternut-squash gnocchi and béarnaise sauce, braised red cabbage, and pumpkin chips. Vegetarians will enjoy soups, salads, and pasta dishes. For the wheat averse, there is a flourless Black Forest gateau with Kirsch panna cotta and chocolate ice cream. A kumquat compote cuts the richness. The extensive wine list covers the best of the Cape, supplemented by a selection of New World labels. The Sunday jazz lunch is recommended. The Table Bay hotel offers the best breakfast in town, which is served in the Atlantic restaurant. If you're looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion, then the formal but friendly service will make an event of any meal.
- Address: Table Bay Hotel, Quay 6, Waterfront, Cape Town, 8002
- Phone: 021/406-5688
- Location: Waterfront
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town Central Savings! Book at Taj Cape Town Fr $161+/Nt Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Cape Town Central Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $55+/Nt Expedia
- $3299+: South Africa: 12-Nt Getaway w/Air, Hotels & Transfers ShermansTravel
- Hot Deal on a 9 Nt Cruise! Royal Caribbean International Fr $659 Expedia
- Protea Breakwater Lodge in May: $107 & Up — $107 Save with Expedia, $35/night less
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more