- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Black Marlin Review
Black Marlin's position overlooking the Indian Ocean is unrivaled, and its popularity is well deserved (it's largely supported by tour bus business). Ask for a table outside amid the bougainvillea. Seafood is the hero here, and it's fairly affordable. Calamari rings paired with chili-mango jam are tasty, but if you're looking for local fare, select the Cape Malay fish cakes or black mussels in a cream-and-white-wine sauce. The bayside platter, with fish, calamari rings, and mussels, is a good value, but be sure to leave room for angel's dark delight: a devilish dessert of baked dark-chocolate mousse served with orange sorbet.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town Central Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $161+/Nt Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Jambo Guest House on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $80+/Nt Save with Expedia, $26/night less
- 5-Star Cape Town Central Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2126 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 9 Nt Cruise! Royal Caribbean International Fr $659 Expedia
- Small budget: Book The Westin Cape Town 3 Nts in May Fr $213+/Nt — $213 Save with Expedia, $90/night less
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. ... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more