- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- near van Riebeeck's 1655 Fort (called The Castle by locals), St. George's Anglican Cathedral, which, aside from its beauty, has been the site of many political protests, and the Company Botanical Gardens established by van Riebeeck
- although patrolled and covered by CCTV cameras, the inner city can be scary
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Adderley Hotel Review
If you're looking for an inner-city accommodation that's well priced and far away from the late-night noise of Long Street but close enough to enjoy the nightlife, the Adderley is for you. Each suite has separate dining and work areas, as well as a fully stocked kitchen. The beds are outfitted in comfy white linens, while only part of the bathroom is fully enclosed with basin and tub in the bedroom section and shower and toilet behind frosted glass. For those who aren't interested in self-catering, the well-priced restaurant, Bowl, on the first floor serves breakfast and good light fare such as salads and sandwiches by day, and heartier dishes like confit duck on Chinese noodles and a Thai chicken green curry for dinner. During the day you're in the center of the action, but at night it's very quiet.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 5-Star Cape Royale Fr $156+/Nt Save with Expedia, $38/night less
- Book the Sunshine Letting Apartments 3 Nts in May Fr $74+/Nt Expedia
- 5-Star Cape Town Central Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2126 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 9 Nt Cruise! Royal Caribbean International Fr $659 Expedia
- Stay 3 Nights and Save 15% on Your Stay!: New Kings in May — $85 Save with Expedia, $15/night less
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. ... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more