Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Hotel Reviews
Many of Durban's main hotels lie along the Golden Mile, but there are some wonderful boutique hotels and B&Bs (especially in the Berea, Morningside, and Umhlanga) that offer a more personalized experience.
In northern Zululand and Maputaland, game reserves and lodges—both publicly and privately owned and managed—are smaller than what you'd find in Mpumalanga, but offer delightful game-viewing experiences. Many are all-inclusive (or nearly so), though some have self-catering options.
Prices, especially along the coast, tend to rise with the summer heat.
Browse Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Durban Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Riverside Fr $116+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Durban: Save this May Fr $167+/Nt Expedia
- Cruise deals to Durban with MSC Cruises, 3 Nts Fr $279 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Durban this May Fr $174+/Nt — $174 Save with Expedia, $57/night less
- Hot Deal on a 4 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $609 — $609 Expedia