- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ile Maurice Review
One of Umhlanga's culinary gems, Ile Maurice is run by the charming Mauvis family. The soft-hued interior and pretty veranda that overlooks the Umhlanga beach hark back to the area's colonial roots. On the menu you'll find classic French fare like escargot as well as aromatic Mauritian cuisine such as the vindaye (a pickled fish dish). Seafood is also a specialty: order the crab soup starter if it's on the menu. Those who aren't seafood fans are also taken care of, and a well-considered wine list complements the menu.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3-Star Docklands Fr $78+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Riverside Fr $115+/Nt Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 3 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $279 Expedia
- $167 & Up: Protea Edward Durban 4-Star Hotel in Durban — $167 Expedia
- Cruise to Durban: 4 Nts on MSC Cruises Fr $609 — $609 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more