- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Spiga d'Oro Review
Located on the fashionable Florida Road, Spiga is something of a Durban institution, and it's not just because it named a dish after regular client and convicted fraudster Shabir Shaik. That said, the Linguine à la Shaik done with a tomato and basil sauce with a touch of chili is perennially popular. Spiga, as it is known to locals, represents the attitude and overall feeling of Durban—it's unpretentious with an animated atmosphere that makes diners feel part of the crowd. The Italian menu is not always classical in its interpretation, but you can count on it being delicious and a good value (pasta dishes come in medium or large portions). And, if you enjoy taking your time when dining, there are no over-zealous staff trying to turn your table. Open from breakfast, the kitchen doesn't close until the early hours of the next morning, when it's constantly abuzz with a steady stream of hungry patrons. Be prepared for a wait.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Durban this May Fr $174+/Nt Save with Expedia, $57/night less
- Book in Durban: Save this May Fr $167+/Nt Expedia
- Sail to Durban with MSC Cruises, 7 Nts Fr $949 Expedia
- Durban Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Riverside Fr $116+/Nt — $116 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 4 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $609 — $609 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more