- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Roma Revolving Review
In business since 1973, this slowly revolving restaurant, which takes about an hour to do one full rotation, offers what has to be the most spectacular views of the city, especially the harbor. It's run by the original Italian owners, and the extensive menu runs the gamut from pasta to seafood. From old-school waiters to the hard-to-resist dessert trolley, there's something pleasingly old-fashioned about the Roma Revolving. While the restaurant is perched atop a high-rise building, its entrance is in an area that has become rather run-down over the years; the parking lot is fenced in.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Riverside on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $116+/Nt Expedia
- Book the Hilton Durban 3 Nts in May Fr $138+/Nt Save with Expedia, $46/night less
- Hot Deal on a 3 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $279 Expedia
- Durban Savings! Book at Protea Edward Durban Fr $141+/Nt — $141 Expedia
- Visit Durban with MSC Cruises! 4 Nts Fr $609 — $609 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more