- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- wonderful hosts and personal service
- Salomé's truly South African food is superb
- genuine retro '70s feel makes the locale a bit bleak in the winter
- comfortable, but not cozy
Lennox Cottage Review
This active farm is owned and run by ex-South African National Team Springbok rugby center Dirk Froneman and his wife, Salomé. After a day touring the battlefields (they will recommend superb guides), if you've still got some energy left you can ride, swim in the large pool, play snooker, or go on an evening game drive around the farms before sinking into a comfortable bed in your country-style room. Salomé's home cooking is superb, and each evening she serves such traditional Afrikaans dishes as butternut soup, bobotie (a spicy ground-meat dish), and local venison on an antique dining table as guests discuss the day's doings over a dop (drink) or two (dinner R180).
- Address: R68, Box 197, Dundee, 3000
- Phone: 082/574-3032
- Location: Dundee
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 4-Star Protea Edward Durban Fr $149+/Nt Expedia
- Cruise to Durban: 3 Nts on MSC Cruises Fr $279 Expedia
- Explore Durban with MSC Cruises, 4 Nts Fr $609 — $609 Expedia
- Discover Durban & More: 14 Nts Aboard MSC Cruises Fr $1,919 — $1,919 Expedia
- Explore Africa with MSC Cruises Fr $2,439 — $2,439 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps ... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more