- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
O'Connor Promenade Review
Join tourists and locals for a gentle stroll or vigorous run along the 3-km (1.8-mi) paved stretch that reaches from Durban View Park in the south to Umhlanga Lagoon Nature Reserve in the north. This is a great way to check out the local coastline and bathing areas, plus you'll come across Umhlanga's landmark lighthouse—closed to the public—and its newly built pier whose steel arches are designed to look like a whale's skeleton.
- Address: Umhlanga Beach, Umhlanga
- Location: Umhlanga
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 4-Star Protea Edward Durban Fr $149+/Nt Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 3 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $279 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 4 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $609 — $609 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 14 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $1,919 — $1,919 Expedia
- Visit Durban with MSC Cruises! 7 Nts Fr $939 — $939 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason. ... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more