- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tswaing Crater Museum
Tswaing Crater Museum Review
This huge meteorite crater—recently declared a World Heritage Site—was formed about 220,000 years ago. Today it's home to 340 bird species and even more plant species. Browse through the crater's eco-museum to learn more about the area or explore an Ndebele cultural village. A three-hour guided tour (R80 per guide) includes a walk to the crater.
- Address: Old Soutpan Rd. (M35), about 40 km (25 mi) north of Tshwane, Tshwane, 0002
- Phone: 079/829-5464
- Cost: R15
- Hours: Daily 7:30--4
- Location: Pretoria
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
Inspired by the setting of the exciting World Cup?...... Read more
Tourism is likely to increase once the world sees how much South Africa has to offer...... Read more