- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- luxurious bath products
- sexy Polo Lounge bar
- stellar DVD collection of Academy Award winners
- suites are very roomy
- lots of stairs and no elevator
- main pool is within public view of the restaurant and bar
- there's nothing of note within walking distance
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Westcliff Review
This landmark hotel and Johannesburg icon was built on a steep hill and has wide views over the northern suburbs and the Johannesburg Zoo. You're taken to your destination by a shuttle service, winding your way up twisting lanes. Bedrooms are in multistory villas, many with balconies. Enormous bathrooms have marble vanities and huge soaking tubs. The cuisine, service, and facilities are all top-notch. The Westcliff is known throughout the city for its lavish Sunday brunch, for which reservations are recommended, and for its high teas and sundowner cocktails.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Inspired by the setting of the exciting World Cup?...... Read more
Tourism is likely to increase once the world sees how much South Africa has to offer...... Read more